1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Anybody with sense, for the civilian survivalists. Military, it doesn't matter, cause there's nothing you can say or do about it, one way or the other. So it's just pointless bs to discuss the military, any part of it. You aint going to change it. The military has to work around the dumbest fuck that they have. Just look at a lameass like garnad, being an "explosives expert". Sheesh.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
Just look at a lameass like garnad, being an "explosives expert". Sheesh.
Just look at a lameass like gunkid, being an "porta potty emptier". Sheesh :laugh01:

Explosives are more fun. :nyah:

RIKA

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The title on my business card says "Explosives Technician", the only people that are "experts" are dead. They are the only people that know what they did wrong! Besides my job is fun, well paying too. Is working as a porta potty dumper/cleaner a fun, rewarding career with good wages and benefits?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Garand, you reminded me of something... I've got a WVA agricultural explosives license. I'm having a hard time locating #8 detonators. Any idea where I can get some for a reasonable price and in a reasonable time period? I only have a dozen left and I've got about 50 rocks left to blow out of the field.

Mike

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most of the detonators I use are from RISI in California, http://www.risi-usa.com/ they have an exploding bridgewire detonator that requires 4,000 volts to intiate it. As for normal blasting caps, when we use them it is generally a #12 electric or #12 non electric blasting cap. I haven't seen #8 caps in at least 10 years. For safety sake if your going to do any mudcapping or whatever buy your dynamite under 2 years from date of manufacture and don't keep it past that date as it tends to exude NG.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thanks for the clip Garand!

Someday,when I have LOTS of money I'm going to have/rent/borrow some neat toys like that.:)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I think the #12's will work for me. I have a late 1960's Dupont manufactured blasting machine... it's very similar to the "clackers" used by the military during that time period. The guy I got it from recommended #8's for it. Thanks for the link, I'll check them out.

Mike

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are lots of different blasting machines available if you do a search of the internet. We use the RISI detonators, a significant majority of the the RP-83 for the built in safety factor and the ease at attaching data recording equipment. We can have various data collectors set to initiate, for example at 160 milliseconds after the initiation of the main charge. When we use #12 Electric Blasting caps we use the West German ZEB blasting machine. The only problem with #12's, you have to drag out that damn 14 gauge wire to fire the shot then roll it up again.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
cool video, thanks

b.t.w i have a blasting machine[in my mothers garage]
a big wooden box affair,like one would see in a western movie, a big brass data tag on the front,and the leather carrying strap [long broken] the pull handle retracks about 10" or so?

just my .02 on the matter

:shrugs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts