Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brush, every time they hear a twig snap,hmm? :) NOBODY,that's who. Make all that noise, ATTRACT your killer. EASY to make bow, arrows, good enough to set afire your house, from 50m,in the dark. Homes will BURN,if shtf, and so will nearly ALL of the pine woods. Count on that.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
It's also easy to make pungi pits and sniper hides to whack wayward hobos with fantasies of being a new Genghis Khan in extra baggy pants. :)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
223 fan said:
brush, every time they hear a twig snap,hmm? :) NOBODY,that's who. Make all that noise, ATTRACT your killer. EASY to make bow, arrows, good enough to set afire your house, from 50m,in the dark. Homes will BURN,if shtf, and so will nearly ALL of the pine woods. Count on that.
Of course, as you illuminate yourself trying to light your fire arrow, or move into shooting range with it, you will be killed.

you probably will have a hard time making a bow capable of 50yd fire of a flaming arrow (do you know what it would take to prevent the flame from being put out while it is in flight?)

so, as you try to sneak close enough to shoot your flaming arrow, you realized that you have to cross a killing zone set up to make you stand out against the darkness. (plus your burning arrow give you away - you going to drop your burning arrow to draw your weapon?

What happens to your night vision with a burning arrow in your face?

How long do you think you'd survive trying such a stupid thing?

Nobody will be shooting at every twig snap, unless they are an idiot, or supscribe to your theories on night fighting. (ok same thing)

More non-thought out crap from the drama queen.

:devil:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I can picture it now:

"report from SouthEast look out"

"go ahead"

'Ya'll see a guy who set himself on fire go running past?"

"yes, we saw him"

"He looked like he was going to try and shoot an arrow at the house, but just before I dropped him, he accidently set himself on fire"

"do you want me to shoot him to put him out of his misery?"

"Naw, we'll find him in the morning - if he's still around, we'll put him down then"

:devil:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
223 fan said:
and so will nearly ALL of the pine woods. Count on that.
and? I mean, they have evolved for fire and fire management. This ain't California. Fires aren't typically than bad in pine forests. I've even seen what summer fires do, and it isn't that bad except for the pine beetles afterwards. Even that isn't the end of the world, but it is bad for timber companies. Better wildlife habitat AFTER most burns than before.

KJ

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Gunkid, without a map and no idea of the winds, will in all likelyhood just encircle himself with fire. You all know he is stupid enough to shoot the arrow into the wind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts