Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just nickelplated copper jacket. So is 357 and .38 Super Silvertip. the aluminum jacket is reserved for low velocity rds, like. 380, 38 spec, .45 ACP, .44 Special. Why is that so, dummies?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I thought that all Silvertips were personally blessed by the Lone Ranger. You have destroyed my fantasy!

RIKA :eek:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Oh crud. Puhleeze don't tell me that you love me. :angry:

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NONE of u have a CLUE, so a REAL

handgunner will tell you. The aluminum jacketed 85 gr 380 bullet was "looked at' by Winchester for loading in the 9mm. However, it has feeding problems in some guns, notably the Browning High Power, it "fouls" the gas ports in HK squeeze cockers, and it lacked "adequate penetration' in the room temp, 20% jello used for testing (at the time).

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I shoot CCI ammo in my P7M13 quite often. I've never had any fouling of the gas system. But then again, I know how to care for my guns. You are an idiot Tard.

Mike

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I've shot dozens of werewolves with my 41mag Silvertips.They all fell with one shot too.
They work fine for me.:wavey:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WHAT'S cci got to do with aluminum

JACKETS on the BULLETS, dumbass? U can't even <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>ing READ.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You're right... my bad... But on the other side of the issue, WTF would you run aluminum jacketed bullets??? Use a heavier metal and get a bit more penetration.

Mike

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Aluminum comprises 1/12 of Earth's crust. It's properties span a wide range, depending on how you alloy it. The aluminum in soft drink cans is too impure and it's soft. The aluminum in a CAR-15's receiver is hard and heat treated.

As for aluminum bullet jackets, the prefered aluminum is soft to facilitate easy expansion.

However, do not assume that all aluminum is that soft. As we saw in the CAR example, aluminum can be quite strong. If you alloy aluminum with Scandium, you can achieve phenomenal strength.

Remember, aluminum can be as inexpensive as a drink can or as valuable as a ruby (Al_2 O_3).

·
Registered
611 Posts
Aluminium is still vastly inferior to steel, one notable advantage of steel, one which Aluminium will NEVER be able to match, is endurance. Steel will last MUCH longer than aluminium because aluminium suffers from metal fatigue rather rapidly. I don't trust it, and never will.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The usual problem is lack of expansion

at pistol velocities, not lack of penetration. We've HAD deep penetration from .45 ball, 38 lr for a century, and they SUCK as manstoppers.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i just get tired of ignorant <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>s like u

THINKING that they know anything, that's all.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Actually Momma's got them locked up in a red velvet bag on the top shelf and you aren't tall enough to get them even with the use of a chair.

Waaah!

RIKA :D

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
think what u want, dummy. :)

that doesn't make it so. Secondhanders like you WISH for all kinds of crap, but that doesn't make it reality.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Actually the term secondhander doesn't bother me. All top grade guys had to start at the bottom sometime. Difference between you and me is that I can keep trying and succeed while you are not only a has-been but you are a never-was.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
u can practice FOREVER, never do 2 handed

what I can STILL do, weak hand only. :) u dont know HOW to practice properly, and you will never learn, because you wont listen to the only sort of advice that's of any value.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts