Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
more of it than is necessary to fire to attain-maintain realistic skills, it wont break you. The .22 unit, dryfire, wax shooting cover all but a couple thousand rds a year of needed practice, and half of that can be 9mm, if you want to bother with the .45 at all. .45 reloads are at least 12c a shot, .45 ball is 22c a shot, so you are only saving $100 a year.

If you want to shoot enough to be a really top competitor, yes, you have to reload, but you dont do it with a single station press. You go ahead and drop the $700 on a Dillon 650, and all the goodies. Then the 3-4c per round you save (as vs BUYING reloads) makes some sense, because you can average 700 rds an hour(if you modify-fit the Lee casefeeder and auto-primer to the Dillon, that is). Those who shoot 40-50k rds per year can appreciate the savings of $30 per thousand, but not those who shoot 3-4k a year, and who can only manage 150 rds per hour, on a single station press.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
My Dillon Square Deal B is more than adequate for my personal needs. As is my RCBS Rockchucker, given the amount of time a year that I can dedicate to shooting. You see gunkid, some of us have a life.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
His pea-brain just can't grasp economics. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, as he flunked map & compass. . .

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
And those like gunkid who shot zero rounds a year really don't have to worry about economics. Gunkid basicly has a airguitar for a gun.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Once again, your math is as flawed as your personality. Poacher.
KJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts