Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
223 fan said:
As a 13 year old kid, I once dug a 4x4 ft hole, 7 ft deep, in one day, by myself. We needed a well, and that was the start, but that night,we got a HUGE rain, that both collapsed the sides of my hole, but also filled up the cattle pond quite a bit, and got the spring flowing again. So there was no need to finish the "well'. Point IS, you can dig a spiderhole in one night, and SHOULD have a few ALREADY dug and cvoered at your retreat area. Once in that hole, you can sleep the days away, and dig at night. In a week, you can have a very nice below ground shelter, and yes, that DOES include scatter-hiding the evactuated earth.
According to your story, a rain would come and drown you the first night you tried digging that hole. That is the moral I got.
KJ

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
> into a hill

What's a hill? Besides, do you mean places actually exist where the water table isn't less than 6" below the surface?

From my experience in my neck of the woods (I mean swamp), those sites are just myths. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.