Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you keep enough oil on it to FUNCTION properly, it wont rust anyplace that MATTERS any. Dummies.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Personal pride dip<font color=red>[**censored**]</font>.Something you apparently lack in spades.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Won't it? The gun is going to be hanging between your legs where a real man keeps his natural equipment.. (quit laughing RIKA)... that means that your sweat which is very high in salt content is going to leech in everywhere.

Mike

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Rust leads to pitting, pitting leads to uneven barrel expansion as it heats up. This leads to the POI walking all over the place (even more than normal) as you shoot and the barrel warms up.

In other words, external rust CAN harm the function/accuracy of a gun.

KJ

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Hmm, as a general rule of thumb, when I see a gun at a gun show that is poorly maintained on the exterior, I assume (usually rightly so) that it has also been poorly maintained on the interior. If you are going to take the time to maintain the interior of the gun, why the heck would you scrimp on the extra couple of minutes necessary to care for the exterior as well?

Sounds like you are being penny wise and dollar foolish with your time to me.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I could never have any respect for a man who let his personal gun get all nasty, either on the inside or the outside. But then people who don't actually use their personal equipment but just brag about it are prone to be careless and sloppy, aren't they?

RIKA :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts