Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they VOLUNTEERED for the duty, and YOU ain't STUCK with their gear or their job, and you don't have the advantages that they have in combat, either. So what they have, or what they do, is irrelevant.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Some of the military's gear is excellent, unlike the POS equipment that you choose to carry andy. We can choose the best of both the civilian and military worlds andy - including thousands of firearms of firearms choices. Makes you kinda jealous there, doesn't it old fella, since you're limited to what Leroy the drug dealer sells in the back alley. Have a nice day.

RIKA

·
Registered
19 Posts
I learned a huge lesson about MILSURP gear this summer while backpacking and hiking withe the scouts. It was quite simple really, I started off using a medium ALICE pack, and although rugged and able to take allot of abuse it also wore our my shoulders and really didn't have enough room (cubic inches). It also was physically heavy all by iteself.
Then a fellow scouter let me put his Kelty pack on and man what a difference! It's designed to ride more on the hips (comfortably on the hips) than on the shoulders, was physically lighter than the alice pack and held more gear than the alice pack too!
It's been my experience that comfort in a pack is directly relative to distanced travelled. If you're using an heavy ill fitting pack then you're feeling like your "humping" through the hike. But a good fitting pack will help you stay upright and comfortable. With one the miles seem long, the other, the miles just keep falling under your footsteps.

By the time our next trip came up I was wearing a new Kelty pack myself, yeah it's blue but a camo rain cover takes care of that. And it has many more options, good options, than the alice gear has.
Now I'm not completly knocking the alice gear, it serves it's purpose and we still maintain a couple around the home for other uses. For instance if I had to hump parts of large game back out of the woods I would opt for the alice pack frame rather than that of the Kelty. It's sturdier and will with stand the weight.

Hunter

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can MAKE a better frame pack than any that are sold, if you have any wood availble. Make an A frame, like the Asians use, and you will be WAY ahead. Just discard it after use. An A frame'bottom comes within a few inches of your heels. So all you have to do in order to rest a bit is crouch. :) I've seen 120 lb men carrying 50 gall drums of diesel on such a frame (300 lbs) and they were TROTTING. :)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
sure you have.

BTW a drum of diesel weighs about 450 pounds so you are lying yet again.

Make better than you can buy. Yeah tell us another one. And a frame withing a few inches of the heels would be so impractical for trail use as to defy logic.

andy you are a complete and utter inbicile.

And a butt pirate.

Thanks for all your fantasy info convict.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yea I hear ya JD, I don't have any need for an idler wheel off a Bradley Fighting Vehicle, so those mag pouches and canteens that fit on my Becker Patrol Pack must be a waste of time. Especially since the guys fight in a volenteer military.

So when was the last time you made a homemade pack frame and knocked out a 50 miler with it?

When have you ever done any backpacking?

You don't have a fucking clue. do you?

Teuf,

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fuck you, punk, live in your stupidity, till I kick your nuts up around your ears someday.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sure you will poser.

So you consider actual experience backpacking the high country "stupidity"?

Doesn't that sort of make your whole plan of "backpack" survival "stupidity" as well?

You are fucked in the head beyond belief LOL

Teuf,

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Teuf, how do you like the becker?

:devil:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
BTW, GK,

if you can't figure out why people are interested in the gear the military uses, you aren't half as smart as you think you are...

·
Registered
9,701 Posts
Regarding webbing, I spent YEARS wearing it in the field. The experience gained allows me to make it comfortable in the field during periods of extended wear. I know where everything is on my belt kit, it never changed. Consistancy. It is durable. The least durable kit has been disposed of. I have walked wearing that kit, miles and miles. I have experience with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"fuck you, punk, live in your stupidity, till I kick your nuts up around your ears someday."

In the extremely unlikely event that "someday" ever comes I will bet 20 t0 one on Teuf!

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
andy said:
...I've seen 120 lb men carrying 50 gall drums of diesel on such a frame (300 lbs) and they were TROTTING.

FWIW, most drums are 55-gallon, not 50, and diesel fuel weighs 7.3 pounds per gallon (had to look that up). Figure the steel barrel weight conservatively at 20 pounds, and it's well over 400 pounds, not 300.

So if you've seen guys trotting along with >400 pound 'backpacks', it's then demonstrably proven that a man can much more easily carry a mere 70 pound pack, wouldn't you think? After all, that's only one-sixth the weight involved.

If trotting with 400 is possible, packing 70 can't be impossible.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
John in AR has nailed it again. It is impossible to carry 70lbs of gear in a proper pack, but 120lb men and trot with 400lbs on their backs.

So JD which of your statements is false? The one about the 70lbs or the ones about the trotting with 400lbs?

You appear to be lying about something, we'll let you decide which one it is...

·
Registered
9,701 Posts
durability Melvin, confidence that the gear you select will last.

Reactions: BigEd and Dorobuta

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
well, my days of not taking him seriously are coming to a middle...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts