Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the barrel was 11.5" and then it got shortened to 10". Andy defends the shorty with an almost religious zeal. Guess its because he wants to stuff it down his pants leg but we all know thats silly (it fits much better under a long flowing skirt or inside clown's pants :D ).

Enough joking. If I had a suppressor, can, I would want it attached to a 16in barrel for maximum effectiveness. Tests have proven that the extreme shorty just isn't any good except for room clearing.

Your turn andy. Except for concealment, which isn't such a big deal in shtf, why do you insist on the runt barrel? And don't give me any BS about special ammo.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You are right RIKA. A 16 inch barrel gets an Ar15/M16's muzzle velocities up innto the ranges where they are ballistically effective. The Army has had trouble with the M4 Carbine's performance because of its 14.5 inch barrel. They are thinking seriously of replacing all M4 barrels with 16.5 inch barrels.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I aint stuck with ball ammo, dummies. 8" can and 10" barrel is still a handy package. 16" barrel and 8" can is not. 10" barreled upper is concealable on the person and in fairly innocuous containers. 16" is not. You live in a dream world, where nobody shoots at you over seeing you with a rifle.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
I aint stuck with ball ammo, dummies. 8" can and 10" barrel is still a handy package. 16" barrel and 8" can is not. 10" barreled upper is concealable on the person and in fairly innocuous containers. 16" is not. You live in a dream world, where nobody shoots at you over seeing you with a rifle.
Your dream world NUTTY JOHN.

Colt Firearms, found the AR wouldn't function with a ten inch barrel. And, NUTTY JOHN, there is a proof, right here on this forum.

http://www.armslocker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29862

Read it and weep TARD!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hey, I have a 10 incher and I'm quite happy with it.... oh, wait, we're talking about firearms, excuse me.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
So, what exactly, was going on in the United States that was causing anyone seen with a rifle to be shot at? This doesn’t match my Stateside experience at all.

I’ve never needed to conceal a rifle, ever.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I dont regard 16" of barrel and the needed 7.5" of can to be still handy package. Nobody else does, either. Almost nobody considers a repeating rifle with a 24" barrel to be handy. They might be willing to drag it around, if it's in a magnum caliber and gives them some velocity advantage, but nobody thinks it's handy.

When you take down the 10.5" AR, remove the carrying handle, remove the can and the scope, you most assuredly CAN conceal it under loose pants and a jacket, and it's short enough to be concealed in most backpacks. If you want to lug around longer guns, feel free. Only morons feel bound to do anything just because somebody posts in favor of it on a forum.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
haven't had a fatal car wreck, either. Doesn't mean it can't happen. Can't carry the thing showing in a lot of states, say on a motorcycle. It aint shtf yet, but it's coming soon. You can easily need to blend in by not being seen with a rifle.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I aint stuck with ball ammo, dummies. 8" can and 10" barrel is still a handy package. 16" barrel and 8" can is not. 10" barreled upper is concealable on the person and in fairly innocuous containers. 16" is not.
How about a great 10" option, that gives every single concealment and ballistic benefit you tout about your version, but that has more power in both subsonic and supersonic loadings, uses standard GI AR magazines in both subsonic and supersonic loadings, and doesn't require a separate conversion kit to keep track of or try to swap out under pressure. You know of what I speak, and you know all these things to be true, but you still won't let go of your demonstrably-inferior 1960's version.

You live in a dream world, where nobody shoots at you over seeing you with a rifle.
It's actually the REAL world where people don't shoot at you for just having a rifle. Lived there all my life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts