Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or even some HONEST timing of the basic matches, in practice? Say the Concealed Carry course. It has 3 stages. 1st one, react, draw and hit a torso at 25 yds, 2.5 seconds. Repeat 10x start hands at surrender. . Stage 2, sit at a table, 3 torsos at 15 yds, 1 yd apart, edge to edge. 4 seconds, react, draw, hit all 3. Start hands on table, palms down. Repeat, total of 12 rds (4 runs)

Stage 3 is El Presidente. Start at surrender, facing AWAY from 3 torsos, at 10 yds, 3 yds apart, edge to edge. Upon signal, turn, draw, double tap all 3, reload, double tap all 3 torsos again. 10 seconds. 8" A ring, 12" C ring. B zone is the 4" circle in the head, D zone is the rest of the target.

5 pts for A zone hits, 4 pts for C zone hits. or B zone, altho that is a GIFT, since it means you missed your mark by nearly a foot. 3 pts for hits elsewhere on the target. SEE if you can turn in a score over 150 pts. :) (possible is 170 pts. Then try it with say, a year's pay bet on your producing such a score. These time limits are VERY generous, actually. About 1/3rd faster is what the top hands turn in.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I've shot El Presidente. many times over the years. It is fun to shoot, but it teaches suicidal tactics. But IPSC is not reality.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Obviously the WANNABE can't separate reality from fantasy. Gun games whether they are IPSC, IDPA, 3 Gun, Cowboy Action, etc are nothing but GAMES! Yes you can learn proficiency with your chosen firearm but they are not a substitute for proper tactical training.

I remember an IPSC club match that I attended about 15 years ago. I took a young combat engineer to his first match. During his first stage after he had fired from Box "A", he did a proper tactical advance to Box "B". This is the way he had been trained in Fire & Movement during his field training, search the area 180 degrees before advancing and make use of available cover. All the hardcore IPSC WANNABE's laughed at the young kid. I took the young engineer aside after the stage, congradulated him on the way he shot the stage and reminded him that IPSC was a game, not reality!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts