Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

why dribble ball, run around 4 bases, etc?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Garand 
#1 ·
because the course designer SAID you had to, in order to "play", that's why. If you INSIST that they wear REALLY concealable gear,shoot REALLY relevant courses of fire, use a gun that fits in an 8"x5" box and weighs less than 30 ozs, empty, (or assess penalties of 10% of the score for not wearing ccw gear, and 10% more for not ACTUALLY concealing it, and 1% of score for each inch of length and height of gun, and each oz of empty gun wt,and GUARANTEE a reasonable purse, you WILL get entrants to come at LEAST 50 miles to compete. I did it on a regular basis,for 2 years, in ILL.

Out to 300m, even the SLOWFIRE stuff will always be won by guys with AR-223's, because they are the SERIOUS shottists, and slowfire is kid stuff to such men.

#3 ·
I got lost when the the baseball reference squleched into ccw? :shrugs:

#5 ·
.223 fan - your preference in targets?

On a course of fire of your design what would be the target? Which target that is? I think the FBI "milk bottle" a good design that rewards hits up and down the centerline. I think the IDPA target really sucks with the max points area a dinner plate sized circle sitting too low in the torso.

This is because I'm thinking the smartest training doctrine was to aim for the center between the arm pits because what lies underneath that area should consistently deliver more rapid incapacitation than lower in the ab region.

Yet the IDPA circle rewards aiming and hitting lower than ideal in my opinion and you'll be docked for aiming and hitting where I just described. Half the time I've seen the target wearing a dark colored shirt and all so all the more reason for the max scoring ring to be more narrow and run up and down the center more.

#7 ·
223 fan said:
Out to 300m, even the SLOWFIRE stuff will always be won by guys with AR-223's, because they are the SERIOUS shottists, and slowfire is kid stuff to such men.
No, shooting a no-recoil, full-size AR with a match barrel is kid stuff. They won't be shooting 11" POSes, light barrels, etc.

You're just scared to death of people who shoot real rifles because they don't have your flinching problem, can fire effective rifles accurately, and actually have skill.

#8 ·
WOW, he shot competition for a whole 2 years!! So what was that 12, 15 matches maximum???? Remember that was at the beginnings of IPSC, so don't try to bs us about a match every weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.