Arms Locker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a FIREARMS Forum. Who cares about your airsoft popguns, even if you have one, which I doubt. Junior High kids like airsoft. Maybe you should go play with them.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
My two grandsons, 8 an 13 outgrew airsoft an bb guns. Both have 1022 Rugers an oldest one has a 22 pistol. Both straight A students an use guns at the range under supervision of their father or me. Oldest one wants to start trapshooting, there goes another one of my guns.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because it's well proven to help build skill, dumbass. But a twit like you can't learn anything.
I learned my skills with real guns. I got good enough with REAL guns to be a Federal Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor while you were on your first Federal "bit".

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
My 12 year old nephew is a Cowboy Action shooter using .38 Spl Ruger Vaqueros and a SxS 12 gauge. Airsoft, isn't that for the kindergarten crowd?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My 12 year old nephew is a Cowboy Action shooter using .38 Spl Ruger Vaqueros and a SxS 12 gauge. Airsoft, isn't that for the kindergarten crowd?
As disgusted as it makes me to do so, he actually does have a point, Airsoft does have a utility for training, especially for Force on force and to build muscle memory without the expense of paying for Live Ammunition (Even Simunitions are expensive) and the advantage of having the exact same loadout to build muscle memory. is it perfect??? No, but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
There are so many .22 LR Conversion kits available today for a wide variety of firearms, I cannot in good judgment believe that airsoft is anything but a substitute for wannabe's that figure it is one step up for paint ball.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I've never even handled an airsoft. I imagine, as others stated;that the repetitive drill/muscle memory aspects of training could be approximated somewhat.
Hell,I never shot a BB/pellet/air/CO2 piece either. The extent of my pre-centerfire .22lr usage was a( illegally in Boston) .22lr bolt action that had been making the rounds back and forth on Dorchester Street in 1975-76... I THINK it was some kind of " catalog brand"( Sears? )... Someone had ghettofabricated a set screw coupler type threaded muzzle device to use an equally illegal home made suppressor with it...we'd pop rats ( the 4 legged variety!)between Chelsea and East Boston whenever we had some ammo for it. Old guy was taking over an abandoned warehouse as part of his catering business and had some of us local kids doing " supplemental vermin control "... We knew enough to " tell no one ". These days, people would lost themselves on YouTube.
Low key discretion is a dying virtue.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Like I've said before, how many of you, with just ONE month of live ammo training, can win the steel challenge? :) An airsoft trainer, from Japan, did just that. He'd never fired a live rd in his life. came here, trained one month and beat EVERYBODY at that match. So you're fos, as always, to claim that guys spend 100's of $ on a kid's toy. You are so weak minded that you'd insist that 2 +2 CAN"T be 4, cause I say it is.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Some of the best fun I ever had was walking the alleys of long beach with a silenced M21 Beretta, shooting rats. :)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
There are so many .22 LR Conversion kits available today for a wide variety of firearms, I cannot in good judgment believe that airsoft is anything but a substitute for wannabe's that figure it is one step up for paint ball.
Im not real willing to get my ass shot with a .22 doing force on force training. The cost of maintaining a shoot house is incredible, never mind the liability. using airsoft approximating your gear you can do Entry practice, Active Shooter, Felony Stop and a dozen different scenarios. its not perfect, but for a small agency that is cash low, its an inexpensive and effective training tool. I can set up a USPSA Stage in my back yard, and run it with airsoft, working on muscle memory and movement without worrying about neighbors having an issue with me running around with an actual firearm..or without losing an entire day to Packing the truck, driving 40 min each way to the range, setting up, shooting, breaking down, repacking, driving home, reloading the 100+ rounds i used. Not perfect as i said..but it has utility

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
I still believe that money can be spent better otherwise!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts