Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lbs per shot (1/3rd of which will be wasted on the far side of the man? Sheesh, for 31 ozs loaded, I can have 800 ft lbs per shot, and LESS recoil in a muzzle wtd, alloy commander, 3/4" SHORTER oal? Only reason is being too CHEAP to buy or build a proper belt gun, buy the Split NOse bullets, get a spare barrel rechambered to 460 Rowland. Granted, such a gun is $1500 or so, but hey, it's a LOT more likely to be of use than is a mini-14. :) ESPECIALLY when also own a CAR 15 and live in Arizona.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
Cause I already have a .45 & it works. There 2 good reasons.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
It's reliable, it works, and it's proven that it stops bad guys. It's also quite controllable and it doesn't try to blow your eardrums out like a .44mag will.

There are always exceptions to everthing, but the .45ACP got rave reviews in wars spanning an 80 year period and now it's entering it's 9th decade of military service.

The .460 Rowland is a spare barrel and a PINNED on compensator. It HAS to be shot with a compensator.

The M1911A1 'government' model works, plain and simple. It's very accurate, super reliable, highly controllable, and it hits hard. That extra barrel means more velocity, more controllability, and more accuracy.

BTW, the M1911A1 actually IS a 'proper belt gun'. If you find it too heavy, then you need to do more pushups.

That 1/3 ISN'T 'wasted' on the far side of a man. Even if you are using ball ammo, the .45ACP is already at the diameter which a 9mm hollowpoint is trying to get to. The fact that the shithead has a .45 to .60 caliber hole most of the way or even clean through him means that that he's a fucked duck.

As for the use of a Mini-14, if you carry a rifle into California, which for me is right next door, then you'd better make it a LEGAL rifle. I have better things to do than worry about getting jammed hard over some legal technicality when a Mini-14 works just as well as a CAR-15 for the primary job needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts