Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SHOULD HAVE pistol, coat, hat and gloves(at work) if it's cold. Should have snow gear if it's snow country Should have cig lighter, watch. Could do 2-3 hours of scout's pace, after dark, and there you are. Since you're at work, and there WILL be water, u just take the condom that ALL men should have, use it to carry some water, although it shouldn't be needed for 11 lousy miles of walking. If you can't manage 2 mph, in the WORST conditions in the USA, you are one sad sack. ditto If you can't manage 5 hours of MILD exercise, on no water at all.

so wtf with backpack, rifle, etc, etc, etc? Sheesh. As stupid as most people are, a pocket pistol will GET you a rifle, after dark especially. All you have to do is wait a few hours, it'll BE dark.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I'm not an expert on condoms since I've never worn one but it seems like a mighty small water carrier. I would prefer a large ziploc bag as it would carry a lot more water.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Rika is right on. The condom is probably the option of LAST resort.

What is this thread in regards to anyway? what thread does it actually belong to?

Why are we covering 11 miles, and where?

:devil:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
u've never even filled up a water balloon, I see. A condom will easily hold well over a quart of water. You tuck in your shirt tail, drop it down your neckline, and your pants belt holds it just fine.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You ever tried to drink out of a water balloon? Lose your grip a little and water squirts all over you. I like the ziploc better.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never had any problem with it, but then, I made black belt and class A. That takes a bit more coordination than most goofs can manage.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
No, that just makes you an expert at handling large sausage shaped objects.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I have filled both condoms and ballons with water. I am well aware of how much water they can hold. I'm also aware of being able to seal a ziplock bag, set it down, pick it up re-open it, etc.

In winter, you screw up with a quart of water in your shirt / pants, you can risk hypothermia, as well as other problems.

While you can carry it the way you describe, you limit mobility, going prone, etc.

For someone that has thought everything through, you miss some very obvious points.

You are not the only person on this site with a rank. Funny thing is, the others here, are known and recognized by their respective associations.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
OR, you can just be a HUMAN BEING, and buy a friggin $3 nalgene water bottle from Wal-Mart with a belt carrier. Jesus Christ, we're talking about stuff you carry with you, not what you have to get AFTER the problem occurs. For crying out loud your GHB might be used if you break down in the boonies out of range of a cell tower, you don't need your commando gear for that, and you're for a real PIA ordeal if you try walking down the road hitching a ride because your car broke down, while carrying a friggin rifle. The GHB isn't your ultra-slick, super-duper, commando fighting rig.

Damn, think. Having to use your GHB after the world ends if the LEAST likely use you'll have for a GHB.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
andy said:
...Since you're at work, and there WILL be water, u just take the condom that ALL men should have...

Why should a faithful, monogamous married man carry a condom at work?

If I'm at work, I've got my truck; and so have my GHB with its two canteens.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Wylycoyte said:
In case your wife drops by at lunch?
Wonded if that would work when your wife stumbles over the condom in your pants/wallet, etc. "Oh honey, I was just thibking of you, hoping you'd come by for, ahem, lunch."

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NEVER know, John. :) A buddy might need one, or something. I've carried one religously for decades.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thank You, I suppose that a "CamelBack Mule" would qualify, and porbably do the job nicely for a short hump, as well as mored durable, and taste better than a condom(Guessing it would be rather nasty).

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
NEVER know, John. :) A buddy might need one, or something. I've carried one religously for decades.
You don't need the condom, NUTTY JOHN, guys can't get pregnant!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It totally depends on the weather Tard. 11 miles can easily kill a person if you are unprepared for it.

As for the condom bit... get real.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts