Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is no longer carried by my local Bass Pro Shop, as it was supposedly "mil-spec", it was the only thing I fed my Bushmaster. The new inventory is all .223. As I understand it, the .223 is slightly different in CUP than the 5.56. In my rifle, which is sighted-in for the 55gr. 5.56, what differences do you all anticipate I will experience with the 55gr. .223?
Thanks for the input,
SatCong

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
as much as 2" of POI change, at 50m. Depends a lot upon the barrel, as in its length,stiffness, handguard tension onit, etc.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Results will vary depending on the type of .223 you are refering too.

I've noticed differences in the WW/USA .223 vz WW/USA 5.56 at 100yds of up to 3". Dependant on buullet type.

You might want to give others a try like Rem/UMC.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
try ammoman.com

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Why winchester. Ammoman has Lake City 5.56 HOT GI ammo.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can buy elsewhere, the price here, was right, 3.99/box and no shipping. Guess I'll have to buy in bulk and eat some shipping costs. I just like to stay zero'd with the stash of ammo I keep, shoot and replenish. Shooting is fun until you have too, then the surprises are all bad if you cannnot hit to point of aim!
SatCong

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
SatCong said:
...Shooting is fun until you have to...
Never heard it put exactly like that. That's a great quote.

Haiku award for SatCong. :cool:

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
What?/whatever!

just bite the bullet and lay up a 1K plus purchase [o.k]

not that this is the 'NO SPIN ZONE'

but some body was in a tail spin!

thanks [KILL A COMMIE FOR MOMMIE! for me also!]

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
50 boxes at $4.00 per box = $200.00. Ammoman has prepaid shipping. Add sales tax @ 8% for a total of $216.00. Ammoman's deal sounds pretty good to me.

RIKA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts