Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Winter storm in north-central Arkansas 1-25-23

247 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BigEd 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
This was from Wednesday morning; after getting I don't know how much snow on Tuesday afternoon & night. When all was said & done, we had right at six inches accumulated in the early AM, and that was after whatever amount melted during & after the storm. The temperature was the weird part - it never got below freezing during the storm itself, not until mid-day Wednesday, so a fair amount of the early snowfall melted, and kept melting all through it to one degree or another. You can see a cleared-off line in front of the porch where there's no snow; this is from the snow overhanging the gutter melting & dripping through the night of the storm & early morning, actually melting the snow part of the time that snow was still falling.

This is a screenshot from one of our cameras this morning. Two & a half days after the Tuesday storm with temps in the upper 40's both Wednesday and Thursday, and the yard is still mostly covered with snow. That's doofy.
Snow Plant Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt

See less See more
1 1
#2 Ā·
Yeah, it's a mess hear in a few ways. Tim Ernst reported on Facebook that further North up where he lives in the Buffalo River area the snowfall was 16 inches.
What I'm going to have to deal with is the after melt mess. Broken branches and this weakened trunk on one of the silver maples my parents planted when they built this house.

Beautiful trees but oddly delicate when it comes to snow or ice getting on them. The snow& ice storms from 2009/2010 also put the wamy on them. What's concerning me is the rot that weakened the tree. I'm not sure if the exact age of the saplings but they've been planted approximately 50 years ago.
Sky Snow Plant Natural landscape Branch

This one still has 3 other split trunks and they are decent quick growing shade trees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.