Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rifle matches, when garnad has assured us that it will just bounce off of his chest at 300m? I mean, a .22lr doesn't bounce off of ANYBODY's chest, and the 24" 223, with the right bullet, still has 5x the power of a .22lr (at the MUZZLE of a 22 rifle barrel) left at 600 yds. At 300m, it still has 3x the power of his wonderful .45 ACP load(as the .45 230 gr jhp load has at 10 ft.)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
rifle matches, when garnad has assured us that it will just bounce off of his chest at 300m? I mean, a .22lr doesn't bounce off of ANYBODY's chest, and the 24" 223, with the right bullet, still has 5x the power of a .22lr (at the MUZZLE of a 22 rifle barrel) left at 600 yds. At 300m, it still has 3x the power of his wonderful .45 ACP load(as the .45 230 gr jhp load has at 10 ft.)
Why not post a link to where he said that? Or admit you're lying about what was said.

Wow, real guns with real barrels. I don't see a 10" poodle shooter dominating the line.

We have ALL said that the .223 is effective, given a proper barrel and used within it's envelope.

Of course shooting paper and shooting people are two different things, which is why there's an awful lot of 7.62 showing up at the squad level in the sandbox.

We've been down this road so many times, why not give it a rest?

I doubt that any of us would have any trouble using a .223 (other than a 10" abortion) as a primary SHTF weapon. That's why we own them. However, for various reasons, some have chosen a 7.62x51 as their primary weapon.

You seem to have a problem separating the 10" hack job (which is the issue) from the .223, which is not the issue.

You tout using the GI round, but it will perform horribly from your 10" barrel. (then you spout off about rounds that won't fit in the magazine, or loads that require more powder than allow the bullet to be seated.)

You plan on every engagement being at pistol ranges. Ok, probably not the best tactical thinking, but more power to you.

But, if you're going to try and spout BS, at least try and get the right argument out. You post stuff that IS NOT EVEN WHAT THE ISSUE IS, and try to claim superiority. (Of course you end up looking silly again.)

:devil:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
All the AR does at 600 yards is punch little holes it paper. That isn't performance. And the ARs they use sure arn't 11" POS unich guns either.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts