Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Wonder why they don't shoot 10" POSes like the one you love gk.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
when you bozos CLAIM that the 308 is SO SUPERIOR? :)
The better question is why is the .308 showing up on the BATTLEFIELD, where poor performance means that people die.

Target matches, where the target doesn't shoot back is one thing, warfare and survival is a completely different topic.

The fact that you can't understand this, is in fact very interesting.

Now for those that aren't keeping score, the .223 is a good choice. The issue here is claiming that the .308 is a poor choice, is well silly.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
lol @ new member "hairy cheeks" :D

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
krept, hairy cheeks

I think a lot of people in the last sniper championships out here used .308s...

Also, could be the rules handicap other rifles against the .223, kind of like the minimum power factor does in some handgun matches.

cheers

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Another reccycled post ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Because the .223 is a very accurate little cartridge, and the AR is an inherently accurate platform, and at 600 yards, it doesn't take a ton of energy to punch cardboard.

That was an easy one... :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
John in AR is right, and so is Aslan and Hard Rock.

The 5.56 IS a very accurate cartridge and the match ARs ARE very accurate guns. But it's on the battlefield that it matters, not the gun range (same as with IPSC space pistols and gear.)

The AR was (and is) great for CQB, jungle warfare, and the like. But it has deficiencies (like anything else.)

600 yards a real M16 has really ran out of most of it's steam while a 7.62 has not. And that goes double for 800 yards or 1000 yards.

If I knew I was going to enguage, I mean really KNEW all my enguagements were 300 yards and below, then a 18 inch barrel AR flattop with good optics and backup iron sights would be THE rifle. But we all know SH (shit happens), all of us except gunkid, but then he lives in a dream world where a 10" POSCAR is his girlfriend in more ways than one.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Here's one match where the 7.62mm is winning! The only match that really counts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
when you bozos CLAIM that the 308 is SO SUPERIOR? :)
Because the 223 is being shot by RIFLEMEN, instead of you NUTTY JOHN ...

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Ever wonder why the AR-.223 isn't showing on the radar at the 1000 yard matches?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey Garand, in that first pic up there, it appears that the designated marksman is shooting from a helo platform. Can you confirm that?

Mike

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
The caption says "helo shooter".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Thought so... Shooting from a helo is very difficult, yet it's done. And some people think shooting from water is impossible, next to what that guy is doing, shooting from water is simple.

Mike

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
If you will notice, the helo shooter, in the first picture has the rear scope cover open, and in the next picture BOTH scope covers, front and rear, are open.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
those pics kick ass thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts