Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sorta firearms-related, or at least ammo-related.

You all won't believe what happened to me last week. I was in an airport in a fairly large city. Line was long going through security. When I got to eighth or so in line, the guy watching the video display of the conveyor belt slammed a button and hollered, "CLOSE LINE!" A flurry of activity ensued.

Turns out this 20-year-old or so gal a ways up in line from me had taken off her shoes and emptied her pockets as required and dumped it all in the little grey tray to go down the conveyor. Her bucket got to the inspector, and he damn near freaked because the gal had put into the bucket an ammo belt filled with LIVE .223 ROUNDS!!!!!

They cranked things back up finally, and I went through and passed the gal, who was with her back to the wall and surrounded by LARGE cops who were absolutely rippin' her a new one. She just had the smiling, dumb look that we've all seen before. As I passed, I heard her explain, "But, but, but - they're JUST CURIOS!"

She was dressed in leather and had little buckles and metal crap all over her outfit anyway, so I guess no one noticed the ammo. I like to think, instead, that folks behind her noticed them but elected to let her try to go through thinking that the experience might do her some good.

I swear, the older I get the less I am amazed by stuff like this, but really - this one just takes the cake. What an absolute freakin' idiot.

Jon

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
It's very easy to over-estimate people nowadays.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at my age. lol!

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I went on a Blasting course last year in Las Vegas. At my home town airport they ran a swipe test on the brand new suitcase that I had bought 3 days before. When it turned positive for RDX, the lights lit up and all the security people paniced. I showed my ID and my Provincial blasters certificate and 20 minutes later after all the paperwork completed life was good again........ At least till I got to Denver airport ..........................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts