Arms Locker banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
When is the next trip to the moon or Mars?

Better off climbing into spider hoke an pulling lid closed.

Not going to see ANY class of FFL.

Nope, never, noway

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Melvin, please post pictures of your recent awards that you have gotten shooting, lets say in the last 6 months?

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
...Trying to tell me that a 45 gr solid copper hp "cant be done" in 9mm. All these years I've posted about the big hollowbase cavity and he STILL can't figure it out. The THV Arcane 9mm was 45 grs, boyo. the hp cavity displaces just as much space as the nose shape of the THV...
Oy. I got bored enough today to look up the THV. Love the analogy, John. This is the 513 ft/lbs THV. (Their own muzzle energy numbers, btw). There were two versions, in an attempt to try and make it feed-reliable.

A loaded round of one version:

And the other version; the loaded rounds on the right and the unloaded bullets. You can see by the one where the base is shown, that in addition to having very little material protruding outside of the case, it's already extremely thin-walled INSIDE the case:

How do you take that amount of material, keep the outside diameter unchanged, and make it into a bullet that has TWO separate points, each of which is longer than the cartridge case is wide? Because that’s what you’ve claimed your vaporware wonderbullet is shaped like. You can't split it down into the hollowed-out base, because then it wouldn't hold pressure when fired. And if it ISN'T split down the sides, the separate pieces won't be longer than the cartridge case is wide, or "the full length of the bullet"; your words.

Frankly, trying to achieve something that bizarre, that feed-unfriendly, and that inconsistent when individually cobbled up with a dremel, seems worse than pointless when I can simply -

A: stick with factory-made corbon ammo that has 94% of the same muzzle energy (483 ft/lbs vs the arcane’s 513 ft/lbs), or stick with factory-available ammo (doubletap comes immediately to mind but there may be others) that has the same or more muzzle energy than the bizarre and illegal 'arcane', is loaded to actual, standardized specifications, actually will feed (unlike that weird klingon-looking “arcane” nonsense), and won’t get me thrown in jail just for possessing it (unlike that banned “arcane” nonsense).

Or

B: If I just MUST have soft-armor-defeating capability… In the same 1911 or glock 9mm platforms that the insane-arcane is meant for, I can stick with over-the-counter 22TCM that is readily available, factory consistent, legal, feeds like a champ, and exceeds every soft armor rating out there. The 22TCM 9R load shown here, has the same OAL, same pressure, and same case-head dimensions as typical defensive 9mm, and can be launched from a 1911 factory gun, a 1911 with conversion barrel, or glock with conversion barrel:

Again, I simply point out that in more than a decade of saying how great your 'design' is, you've never shown a picture of a single one. If that's untrue, please correct with a link to where you've done so, or even simply a picture taken with a cell-phone camera.

Frankly, those 22TCM pictures also help visualize the problem with your 'design' as well. Looking at the standard TCM load, add a tiny five grains to its mass. Then, try and stretch that amount of material so it fills the 9mm case next to it, with a two-pointed bullet. And now, picture that much material being long enough so that when this never-seen bullet does split, each of the two points is more than 9mm in length.

Would genuinely love to see it.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Good luck getting a picture of the Wonder Bullet. When he was espousing his outdoorsy skill's I asked him for a picture of his pack or boot's. Just that, no gun's (forbidden him), or anything fancy, just simple gear. Never saw a thing,

Reactions: BigEd and Garand
21 - 24 of 24 Posts