Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

XXXXXXs on internet. "video or it never happened".

632 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  John in AR 
#1 ·
me:' then you were never born". :)

#2 · (Edited)
True. A lot of stuff happens that isn't recorded; that's universal. Another thing that's universal is the simple truth that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". That's not a pop-culture platitude, it's a principle of everything from mathematics to astronomy to philosophy dating back to at least the mid-1700's, and referenced by people from David Hume to Carl Sagan. A big and very relevant factor in this conversation is that claiming to have been born isn't an extraordinary claim, it's a self-evident truth, applicable to every human being who's ever lived.

A lot of the things you post absolutely do meet the definition of 'extraordinary claims' - you've made extraordinary claims for decades, on topics from physical prowess, to super-bullet design, to genius-level IQ.

Refusing to document extraordinary claims of ability while simultaneously bragging about those undocumented abilities - especially when documenting those claims would cost not one single penny - is NOT the action of someone who truly wants their actual ability documented. Remember, you've many times said that you want attention; that the very reason you post in unrelated and irrational subforums (ie, complaining about schools in the "humor" forum) is that you want your posts to be seen by as many people as possible. So you not only can't deny wanting attention, you yourself have said that it's the motivation for many of your actions.

• So we have the fact that you've specifically and repeatedly said you want attention.
  • We have the fact that you consistently make extraordinary claims.
  • And we have the fact that you never do the one absolutely free thing that would bring increased amounts of the attention that you've repeatedly said you want. (That is, it would bring increased amounts of that positive attention, IF your claims were true and documentable. That leaves the only logical conclusion being that your claims actually aren't true and documentable.)

All the little videos I've put up that document my mediocre ability cost absolutely nothing. All done with the phone from my pocket and a free google email account that gets you a free youtube account. If I had claimed that I could fairly consistently raise & fire an uncocked levergun from low-ready in less than half a second, you would say (you DID say) that it was a lie. Your words:
If you claim under 1.5 seconds, it WILL BE a lie. Tell the truth, about 2 seconds
Only by documenting it via a completely free, one-minute cellphone video, was my claim substantiated. And as much as you pontificate and rant, the simple fact is that NONE of your claims of deeds in the last 40+ years are substantiated.

Simply put, as long as you make these perpetual extraordinary claims, logical readers will inevitably require at least some amount of evidence before the claims can be taken seriously. (And you're NOT taken seriously anymore, John. Sorry.)

#3 ·
Well, I'll try and be as polite as possible.
When someone is the Button Gwinnett of IPSC and that is largely from m their own actions. Well.....you can't redeem yourself by continued questionable actions or statements.
It's been over 20years of seeing almost identical actions.
That's also why the writing and posting is easy to spot
The style is almost identical however I'll credit him with cutting back on the profanity.
And I'm leaving other actions out for now.

#4 ·
I'll credit him with cutting back on the profanity.
Also his ability to spell correctly, his improved since the late '90's.

Reactions: BigEd
#5 ·
It was the absurd posts about the difficulty posting pictures that caused me to not believe on word about Melvin's so called prowess. My nine year old Grandson does it all the time. When Melvin was in his Airsoft phase I asked for a picture of his Airsoft pistol. No laws broken by a felon possessing or practicing with it. He never posted anything which of course led me to believe he was lying about the whole thing.

Reactions: BigEd
#6 ·
Face it, Melvin suffers from a massive inferiority complex. He's always got to do something better than us! He is trying to compensate because he screwed up his life. While activities that we do, are correct for our temporal/geographical/political locations, Melvin has this fixation that there is one solution to the problem regardless of the situation. That is the difference between studying and thinking about the problem and fantasizing about it.

#10 ·
screwed up his life.
True, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be a permanent condition or state. “As long as there’s life there’s hope” is true, and there’s still time for any of us to change most of the things we don’t like about our lives. Some things can’t be changed, like residual effects from an old wound, medical conditions, government-imposed restrictions due to past actions, etc.; but most things really can be if we genuinely WANTED them changed. Unfortunately a lot of people actually don’t want to change the core or foundation of their life; because as unpleasant as it may be, at least it’s familiar. I like the way Dave Ramsey has put it: a lot of people are sitting around in a life that’s like a dirty diaper of their own making, but won’t do anything about it. They figure “yeah, it stinks; but at least it’s warm and it’s mine.“

To each his own and I don’t mean to preach all the time, but I find myself getting more and more philosophical as my wife’s cancer progresses. I figure “more & more philosophical” is better than more & more pissed off.

#7 ·
Yeah, unfortunately so. His internet footprint has got to be the most impressively "eccentric" one. I'm trying to be nice in it's description. Normally most of the topics of his personal information would be off limits on forums. However, over the years he's posted total disclosure of well....about everything.
And then as someone else here put it There's boati "Thinking about it a lot."

But back to claims and proof. As mentioned and talked about ad nauseam over 20 years more or less. Rarely has any been provided. I vaguely remember a handful of "split nosed pre-frag" bullets that were sent to someone via 3rd party. And going by the photo and my memory they weren't the most uniform things.

I'd rather not spend much more effort delving into the past as I believe everyone here knows most of it.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Yeah well I was quoting someone but that's cool.

About the same. What's getting me are the tales of more than one wifey and all. About need a program although I do get the drift that he did have issues with the earliest one. That was from someone else whom I won't bring up.

#12 ·
We all can always improve something in our life. It is always a matter of desire and effort. Desire without effort does nothing. Effort without desire generally leads to poor results.

There is a reason you hear "Mind, Body, Spirit" a lot. You have to Know there is an issue. You have to put effort into that issue, and you need to desire that change.

part of the "Mind" thing is recognizing your limitations and knowing how to work within them. Refusing to acknowledge them makes the other aspects ineffective and sometimes destructive.

Zen thought of the day - try to be like a really good hotdog: One with everything.

#13 ·
...try to be like a really good hotdog: One with everything.
That’s good. One Louis L’amour line I read a very long time ago (when I was a teenager) went something like: “...the tendency to follow the path of least resistance is the reason we have crooked rivers and crooked men”. That one really stuck with me for probably 45 years now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.