Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
animals with your .22 rifle. Look idiots, if there IS lots of game, you shoot BIG animals, and SNARE some of them, snare, trap, net, trotine lots more (and fish of course) and you don't NEED to fire more than 100 rds of .22 a year, and probably less than 50 rds per year. That means 1000 rd .22 stash is a 10-20 year supply. You have LOTS more to worry about, post shtf, than using up that much ammo. Sheesh.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Please check your crystal ball. Now if the balloon goes up EXACTLY how many rds of Rifle, Pistol and .22LR am I going to require for the years 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014. At the same time please provide a DETAILED list of your bug out gear that you have ready to go at THIS MOMENT.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I figure an average of one round a day. I base this number on my personal experience, so other peoples experience may be different. Shots in such conditions would probably be the result of chance encounters with edible critters.

The reality of SHTF is that such a scenario would only last weeks or months. After that time has passed, power and other utilities would have been restored.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts