Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at my front yard. Hours ago and was still coming down.
Atmosphere Natural landscape Road surface Tree Branch

Sleet and snow mix, that's the hazy or foggy look in the air.
The day before jeans, jean jacket and t-shirt and ball cap...not now.

Registered
Might be time to break out the Mylar?

• Haha
Reactions: Dorobuta and BigEd

Registered
They forecasted us to receive snow on top of freezing rain last night but we didn't get it; but it's a whole lot colder than yesterday; 15 degrees this morning. I'm supposed to drive to Marshall AR today, but I figure I'll call someone there first to see how their roads are before I leave.

This weather is a very good reason to keep your local shelters in mind & help them out if you can. There are people who don't even have a coat, much less a roof over their heads.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got out looked at the temp on the porch thermometer and went back inside. 10 F right now it's 19 F.
Where I'm at is always a few degrees colder. North slope of the ridge line or just intentionally misreporting temps like the Fayetteville weather station is infamous for.馃檮
That and their crime rate. Almost one shooting a day in the Cabrini Green style low income housing there.馃槢

Super Moderator
yesterday, went coyote hunting with one of my friends. it was 36 on out first stand. I was dressed in three layers, a long sleeve heavy tee shirt base layer, a wind proof Sitka vest, and a cabala's light camo jacket. while it was cool, I wasn't cold. then as the hunt warmed up, I shed layers. had it not expected to warm up, I would have added a thermal layer as my base layer and would have been toasty. It doesn't take any bulk or mylar or debris if you use quality gear.

The most expensive thing I was wearing was the Sitka vest. but I know it is 100% effective at blocking wind and does a surprisingly good job of keeping your body heat in. other than I needed it to be in camouflage, a golf windproof vest would probably do a good job as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts