Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you read this please respond right now. What weapons do you have that are within your reach as you sit in front of the computer - those for immediate use.

My "desk" is a 3 1/2 x 7ft conference table. One top are two computer screens and keyboards, one for work and the other for play. Both are used during the day. Screwed beneath the desk is a leather scabbord holding a fully loaded Makarov. Its not visible unless you get down on your hands and knees and look up under the desk but I can reach it easily. Hidden under work papers is a Camillus double edged boot dagger. A 40 cal Kahr is in the kitchen only a few steps away and a loaded Rem 870 riot gun is in the bedroom.

Now, what weapons do you have at hand?

RIKA

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
My attack cat, 20 claws ready to attack you and snuggle up to you. Our laws don't allow for loaded firearms in the house unless your a farmer. We are a different culture. Mind you a Louisville slugger is always nice to have readily available. Plus I do work over 50 miles from home on a daily basis and I want to ensure everything is secured against theft.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Thanks to the traitorous globalists in Washington who refuse to do anything about the border, AZ has a bit of a Mexican crime wave going on. The unsolved murder rate for the Phoenix valley area is about 74%.

Often, the more rural dwellings are more of a target than the urban ones. We've had attempted break-ins in broad daylight while we were home. Needless to say, we always have various weapons handy and readily accessible for use, day or night, regardless of where we are or what we are doing. They've come in handy more than once.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
P32 in my pocket; Glock 19 and CAR-15 probably 40-60 feet away.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
:( All I have right now is a dull pocketknife,an inkpen,& my wit! :dgrin:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
.38 revolver in my pants pocket, along with a Benchmade Griptilian. There's a screwdriver on the desk along with a coffee mug that could rapidly be pressed into service, as could a pipe which is currently sans tobacco.

·
Registered
397 Posts
In my boot, a Kel-Tec .380. On my hip, a Blackhawk .45 Colt. A lockback in left front pants pocket, an Old Timer folder in the right. I'm sitting in a public library, they might get twitchy if I had a long gun with me.

DC

·
Registered
720 Posts
RIGHT NOW! I have a Fred Carter Custom folder, in pocket and a condition three Kimber Ultra II in a Galco on my right hip (fresh mag in pocket w/ knife). Mossberg 500 w/ 8 rounds, tac light, and bandolier (slugs, 00 to # four shot) is aroung the corner, High-Standard 22WMR derringer is in a book on the near shelf.
I must be sick!
SatCong

·
Registered
720 Posts
Off Topic!
45 Colt,
How do you like that blackhawk 45 as a carry piece? One of my future plans for purchase is a Ruger Bird's Head sherrif's model in 45 long colt for carry. I carry a 44 spl 2" Tauras sometimes and would like to include a 45 long colt into the rotation
SatCong

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I just got up. Been working till at least 4am every night lately. So my Taurus .45 Colt is on the shelf next to me and I haven't put it into my pocket yet. But while I was in bed before stumbling into the shower (at which place I was completely defenseless (barring use of my assault soap), I have a Sig 229 in .357 Sig on the end table next to the bed, and underneath the edge of the bed is my FN/FAL 50.63 in .308.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SatCong said:
Off Topic!
45 Colt,
How do you like that blackhawk 45 as a carry piece? One of my future plans for purchase is a Ruger Bird's Head sherrif's model in 45 long colt for carry. I carry a 44 spl 2" Tauras sometimes and would like to include a 45 long colt into the rotation
SatCong
SatCong, may I offer a comment. I have a 4 5/8in barrel Blackhawk in 45LC with the extra convertible 45acp cylinder. Its the handgun I carry most often when out in the woods and fields. Its incredibly accurate but I did a 2.50lb trigger job on it which helped. You should really try the regular grip as well as the birdshead to see which you like best. The regular grips handles stout loads better for me. IMO you can't go wrong with a Blackhawk.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Am currently armed with my .45 Springfield Micro, folder, and rapier wit.

:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
SatCong said:
Off Topic!
45 Colt,
SatCong
It's my primary carry. 4 5/8", a little large, but not so as to be unconcealable. In this state, open or concealed carry is legal, so if a little shows, no big deal.

DC

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
A S&W Misel 625 45ACP with Crimsob Trace lasaer grips

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Hard Rock said:
SIG P226, Leatherman, Crain LSX, M4.

Mike

God, man... I haven't handled a Crain knife in over ten years, and have never owned one. :bawling:

I assume you're happy with it...? (And is he still even in business?)

·
Registered
139 Posts
in arms reach is a 12-gage rem 870 supermag loaded with 3.5 inch #4 buck :)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Within arms reach. . .
S&W 629 on belt
Ruger SP-101, Ruger P-90 in desk
Mossberg 590 on wall hanger.

SRKW Battle rat, Ontario Marine fighting knife on table next to desk
Gerber folder on belt.

Now you listed weapons in otehrs rooms RIKA, I'm not about to do all the typing that would require (or list my entire inventory).

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Magnum says, "Now you listed weapons in otehrs rooms RIKA, I'm not about to do all the typing that would require (or list my entire inventory)."

I wouldn't ask you to that because I'm sure its extensive and very desirable. I just mentioned the ones that stay in a semi unlocked condition because there are no children around and they are considered expendable.

RIKA :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts