Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever bought a knife and had it fail miserably? Either because it wasn't up to the task you bought it for or because of shoddy quality.

Please warn us so we can avoid them.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Anything that says "Pakistan" on it. They're a very common thing at Smoky Mountain Knife Works. I've had several and they all sucked.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I don't really have any bad knives come to think of it. I guees my "worst" would be an old Case folder. Just because it seems to rust easier than the others I have.

·
Registered
391 Posts
a $5 butterfly knife i got at a fair

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
John in AR said:
Anything that says "Pakistan" on it. They're a very common thing at Smoky Mountain Knife Works. I've had several and they all sucked.
Thats the straight truth.

I bought one a year ago, it came with no brand markings, just "Pakistan" on the blade. It wouldnt hold an edge and the rivet kept coming loose. Within a month it lay in pieces.

I cannabalized it for parts.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bought a set of throwing knives from the local MA/military surplus store. The knives were marked “made in china” like everything else in Amerika. They didn’t last a week They all fractured just below the hilt. So I made spears out of the remains :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Ok, I generally avoid cheap knives unless I know they will be treated bad.

The one that really shocked me was an AG Russell Camp Knife I bought well over a year ago. The thing would not take an edge, no matter what I tried. And I did try everything.

True to their world his store refunded my purchase. Plus I ended up with a much better knife, a BK-7 that was easier to sharpen and hold and edge.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never had a bad knife. Even the Chinese one that I bought at the gunshow for $10 is good. I broke a chunk out of the blade of a Chinese hatchet though and I was just splitting little chunks of mesquite.

RIKA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts